With so many different siding options to choose from, it can be hard to make the right decision for your home. Fiber-cement siding offers a variety of style options and can be a durable and cost-effective option for homeowners. If you would like to learn more about fiber-cement siding or would like to talk more about your siding options, contact Cox Roofing, an experienced roofer in North Bethesda.
Why Choose Fiber-Cement Siding?
Fiber-cement siding is not just beautiful, and cost-effective, it is also durable. It can be used on a wide variety of buildings including townhouses, single-family homes, and commercial buildings. Since it is made from cement, it is rot, fire, and termite-proof. It is also able to stand up to the wind and the cold. This makes it virtually maintenance-free aside from regular inspections and cleanings.
Fiber-cement siding also comes in a wide variety of colors and styles to suit any home. No matter what style home you have (traditional, contemporary, modern, etc.) there is an option for you.
What Materials Make Up Fiber-Cement?
The essential components of fiber cement are natural; they include:
- Inorganic fiber: made of stone, wood pulp, glass, or ceramic – for strength and resilience.
- Portland cement (or Portland blast furnace) – acts as the binding agent.
- Organic fiber, i.e., Fly ash (made of cellulose, which comes from the cell walls of plants).
- Water – dissolves the components and hardens the cement.
The Varying Creative Styles and Shapes of Fiber-Cement Siding
The shape of fiber-cement siding pieces helps to distinguish between the available styles:
- Lap siding: Lapped edges are left exposed on one or more sides of the board. The top of the board is straight, meaning no angles or curves.
- Vertical/flat/flush shake: This type of fiber-cement siding includes a wide variety of colors and textures; each piece has a distinct vertical pattern that creates a unique visual effect when installed as part of a wall.
- Curved/geometric patterns: These pieces have complex ways to create an attractive visual appearance when installed as a wall. They have curved.
Fiber-Cement Siding Customizing Options
Fiber-cement siding has grown in popularity over the years because it’s so versatile. You can choose from many colors and textures that you won’t find with traditional wood or vinyl sidings. With regard to color, fiber-cement siding can be tinted or painted whatever color you’d like. When it comes to textures and coatings, siding can match many stone, brick, and wood types. An experienced roofer in North Bethesda can help you make the best decision for your home.
Is Fiber-Cement Siding Sustainable?
Fiber-cement siding qualifies as a wood alternative since it contains forest-saving components and environmentally-friendly qualities. While it is a wood product, it is made from recycled materials that reduce the need for virgin resources. The manufacturing process also uses less energy than other options like metal or vinyl siding.
Imagine the impact you could make by choosing fiber-cement sidings! It’s easy to see why so many homeowners are making this choice—it’s affordable, long-lasting, and sustainable!
Looking for a Roofer in North Bethesda?
Roofing questions are best answered by the pros. The experts at Cox Roofing will inspect your siding and your roof, look for damage and evaluate the best course of action. Perhaps fixing some shingles can buy you more time. However, whole roof replacement is necessary. When you are looking for a top-rated roofing company in Towson, contact us today. Learn more about our roofing services and receive your free estimate.