Shingle roofs are a great option for many homeowners and can last a long time when properly cared for. However, as roofs age, many homeowners may begin to notice issues with their shingle roofs. Below, we’ve compiled a list of potential issues that may begin to arise as your roof ages, as well as the reasons why those issues may occur. If you have more questions, be sure to a contact roofing company in Churchville such as Cox Roofing.
Potential Issues as Your Shingle Roof Ages
While shingles roofs are an excellent choice for homeowners due to their pricing and variety, as they age, several issues can begin to arise. Some of the issues you may notice with your shingle roof include:
- Curling of the shingles: Oftentimes, with curling shingles, water is the culprit.
- Blistering of the shingles: Blistering occurs when your shingles begin to age and deteriorate.
- Raised shingles: If your shingles are not properly installed, you may notice that your roof has raised shingles as it ages.
- Granule loss: Just like blistering, granule loss in shingles occurs as your roof ages.
- Premature cracking of the shingles: Again, cracking is part of the aging process of shingles.
- Tearing or splintering of the shingles: Extreme temperatures can cause your shingles to tear or splinter.
Reasons Why Shingles Begin to Fail
- Defective asphalt shingles: The less expensive the shingle, the less likely it is to last over time. It’s important to choose quality shingles during installation so you don’t run into premature issues down the road.
- Poor ventilation: Moisture and heat are going to get under the asphalt shingles. Asphalt shingles can get damaged when the nails loosen up, which causes the surfaces to swell and air pockets to start to appear.
- Temperature changes: Shingles are created to withstand relatively cold and hot temperatures. However, as they begin to age, they become less tolerant of the extreme temperatures found on a roof.
- Litter and debris: Your asphalt shingles are going to fail when your roof is dirty and littered with debris.
- Weather elements: The rain, hot sun, hail, and winds are going to do a number on your asphalt shingles roof over time.
If you notice any of these issues on your roof, contact Cox Roofing for a free roofing estimate.
Looking for a roofing company in Churchville to Replace Your Roof? Contact Cox Roofing
Roofing questions are best answered by the pros. The experts at Cox Roofing will inspect your siding and your roof, look for damage and evaluate the best course of action. Perhaps fixing some shingles can buy you more time. However, whole roof replacement is necessary. When you are looking for a top-rated Rockville roofing contractor, contact us today. Learn more about our roofing services and receive your free estimate.