Siding protects your home from the outside elements, and you want a siding that is beautiful, functional, and sustainable. As protecting the environment becomes more important, sustainability takes the lead when it comes to housing materials. What kinds of siding are sustainable? Cox Roofers, your premier roofers in Jarrettsville, can help you pick the right siding for your home to give it a beautiful appearance while helping the environment.
Two Types of Sustainable Siding
Cox Roofing can help you decide between two types of sustainable, eco-friendly siding to make your home beautiful and protected from the weather.
Fiber Cement Siding
Fiber cement siding is designed to look like wood but has certain benefits wood siding doesn’t such as resistance to water or fire damage. Fiber cement siding is also not as susceptible to damage by insects, wildlife, or other pests. Additional benefits of fiber cement siding include:
- Aesthetically appealing: Because it is designed to look like wood, fiber cement siding can give your home a polished, rustic feel with greater protection than wood siding.
- Fire resistant: Fiber cement siding can slow or stop a fire from spreading because it doesn’t burn as fast as some other siding options.
- Low maintenance: This siding doesn’t need painting and is very low maintenance.
- Eco-friendly: Because it is low maintenance, it doesn’t require paint, and is durable. Fiber cement siding lasts longer making it eco-friendly.
Another siding option offered by Cox Roofing is wood siding. When choosing the type of wood siding, you can pick one that comes from trees that are not being over-harvested and are environmentally sourced. Eco-friendly benefits of wood siding include:
- Environmentally friendly: Wood siding can add a great rustic or classic charm to your home, and since it comes from natural sources, it is not as harmful to the environment.
- Renewable & biodegradable: As a renewable and biodegradable siding source, when you do replace your wood siding, it can be recycled to reduce its impact on the environment.
- Charm: Some people like the look of old wood because of its charm. If this is the case for you, you may not need to replace it as quickly as long as it is maintained well.
Get Help From Roofers in Jarrettsville
You can have a beautiful home that is eco-friendly by selecting sustainable siding from Cox Roofing, the number one roofers in Jarrettsville. Call Cox Roofing today for a free estimate for your siding needs.