The roof is the most important part of your commercial building. That’s because your roof protects the entire building from water damage. That’s why, when your roof is damaged, it’s so important to repair it as quickly as possible. However, when your roof is damaged badly enough or is old enough, it may need to be replaced rather than repaired. Otherwise, it will just end up needing constant repairs, until you spend more on them than you would have on a replacement. If you have a business in Owings Mills and you’re wondering about the state of your roof, you need to talk to a good roofing company in Owings Mills to learn more.
5 Signs Your Roof Needs Replacing
Only a roofing professional can tell you for sure if your roof needs replacing. However, these 5 signs can give you a pretty good idea:
- Your roof is more than 25 years old. At that age, the wood may be warped and have gaps and cracks in it. This calls for a roof replacement.
- The surface of the roof is blistered.
- The roof is soft or uneven in spots. This is a sign of extensive rot.
- Water stains on your walls or ceilings. This is a sign that your roof is seriously compromised and needs to be replaced before more damages and issues come about.
- Damaged or missing flashing. This could be a warning that water has gotten underneath your shingles, and that could mean extensive damage to your roofing system, walls, and/or flooring.
Noticed More Leaks Lately?
Any roof can leak once in a while if something happens to it and that may only call for a repair, not a full replacement. But if you’ve noticed that yours has started leaking a lot lately, you could have serious roofing problems.
You need to deal with problems like this right away. Water can do a lot of damage to your commercial building if you let a leak go for too long. Mold, mildew, and even rot can be the result, along with high repair bills for walls and flooring. The longer these problems go untreated, the worse the damage gets. If your roof didn’t need to be replaced at the start, it is likely to need to be if issues are not dealt with in a timely manner.
Contact the Best Roofing Company in Owings Mills Today
So don’t wait. Contact us today at Cox Roofing for a free estimate. We’re a locally owned and operated roofing company in Owings Mills. And, with more than 30 years of experience in the area, we’re the local roofing experts.