Roofing emergencies are a nightmare for both residential and commercial owners. Many roofing emergencies are inevitable since they are nature-related in many cases. Homeowners should be prepared to seek professional expertise from certified roofers when roofing emergencies occur.
Common Causes of Roofing Emergencies
A damaged roof can be caused by several occurrences
- Fallen tree limbs: Tree branches, or even the entire tree, may fall on a roof due to infestation, old age, or major storms.
- High winds: During stormy days there is a higher possibility of the wind blowing the roof away or tearing off the shingles or roof decking.
- Flashing failures at roof penetrations: Joints around the chimney and vent stacks can cause roof leaks.
- Improper installation: Poorly-installed roofs can accumulate ice dams and ice buildups during teh wintertime that may lead to major leaks.
- Wear and tear: When a homeowner fails to adhere to recommended maintenance, long-term exposure to UV radiations and weather can lead to roofing emergencies.
Precautions and Preparations When Facing Roofing Emergencies
A homeowner should avoid climbing on to the roof to assess any damage since the risk of falls and other accidents is high. You should undertake a visual inspection ONLY and take notes or pictures on the extent of the damage. Information can be sent to certified roofers for an estimate of the repair.
Cox Roofing Is the Best Choice for Any Roofing Emergencies
For efficient, reliable, and effective residential and commercial roofing services, Cox Roofing is the ultimate choice. Cox Roofing company in Highland, MD has the required expertise for all types of roof damage. Their crews focus on understanding their client’s personal needs, which guarantees personalized roofing services and ultimate customer satisfaction. They are Baltimore’s top roofing contractor experienced in roofing emergencies. From a free estimate to the finished roof, they are with you every step of the project to ensure that you’re fully satisfied. Contact Cox Roofing for any of your roof emergencies.